FOR 455 Remote Sensing and Spatial Data Handling (Spring undergraduate course)
- Name: Tong Qiu
- Office: 307 Forest Resources Building
After taking this class, students should be able to:
- Land cover analysis: georeferencing aerial imagery, mapping land cover changes with on-screen digitizing, working with NLCD data
- Basic GIS and spatial modeling such as land suitability analysis, forest site quality analysis, and forest harvest management
- Remote sensing of vegetation analysis: calculation of vegetation greenness from Landsat data and pixel-based change detection of vegetation and wildland fire
- Forest mensuration and LiDAR analysis: Fusion and Tree analysis
No formal textbook; Readings assigned will be available on Canvas.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Grading and class policies
Final grade for the class is determined based on several elements. Please be extremely careful about plagiarism. Literal copy of another student’s homework (even with superficial modifications) will lead to zero credit for the homework for both students. You are also required to come to class. Participation in the in-class activities is also part of your grade. Please do not bring computers to the classroom unless told otherwise.
|Module exams 1||10%|
|Module exams 2||10%|
|Module exams 3||10%|
|Attendance and participation||5%|